The International Travel Herald
Rick Stoneking Sr. CEO
International Travel Reviews is looking for writers who can adhere to the Writing Guidelines of “The International Travel Herald”. ITR believes in one simple idea. We promote safe travel – safe tourism – for everyone – everywhere.
About International Travel Reviews
I founded ITR to promote a gold standard for providing timely, top notch, world class travel intelligence. As a result, we cover all aspects of safe travel. Therefore, we are able to promote safe tourism worldwide. Also, this helps us emphasize High Travel Safety And Travel Security Standards. Therefore, this helps us fulfill our desire to assist all travelers. Most of all, this includes helping those with accessibility issues.
We do this in the following ways
- “The International Travel Herald” online travel magazine.
- Because we conduct Travel Reviews we are able to include an accessibility review.
- Further, we Document our Travel Reviews & Accessibility Reviews with Photographs to be more compelling.
- In addition, we do Travel Reviews & Accessibility Reviews with Photographs for Historic Site Clients.
- Since we offer a “Traveler Reviews” category, writers may submit their own reviews.
- Finally, We designed our “Writing Guidelines” to make sure our readers, including search bots, like what they read.
The world is full of opportunities for travel for all people. We want to hear about it in a well written way.
Can you write about the topics shown on our site?
For those willing to follow our “Writing Guidelines”, our site presents a variety of writing options to consider. Please note the difference in our menus above. The top menu shows pages related to International Travel Reviews. The menu directly below lists all of our categories for the “The International Travel Herald”. As you can see, we offer many topics to write about. They fall into broad categories. You can find them in the drop down lists. Our major categories include the following.
- Business Services – as they relate to Travel.
- Travel Topics.
- Travel Destinations.
- Travel Photography.
We can easily add new categories if necessary. If you cannot find the perfect fit, let us know using our Author Feedback Form.
Write for “The International Travel Herald”
Whatever your travel opportunity involves, we want to hear from you. This includes expats living overseas. Expats present a unique brand of travel stories by actually living the travel dream in a foreign country.
What Do We Look For In An Article?
We want to hear your story, whatever that may be. We do not need you to be a professional writer. But you do need to submit well written articles. As a result, you must carefully check your articles for grammar and spelling. Also, your articles must be SEO friendly. And readability is very important. Think of it as if you were talking to your friends and family at home. Make your writing like a conversation. How would you describe your travel experiences with family or friends? In addition, we encourage people to use Yoast SEO which includes a readability analysis. Try to get your Flesch reading ease score at 60 or above. The higher the number, the easier the text is to read.
Your writing should be
- Well Structured.
- Also must have a Good Readability level. F-K 8th Grade to 10th grade level. We use the free Word Count Tools.
- Informative. Tell your readers the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of your adventure.
Things you should keep in mind about our “Writing Guidelines”
- Follow our “Writing Guidelines”
- Use the Drop down categories for your posts (articles)
- Since you are writing for a travel magazine, your article must relate to travel.
- In addition, we do not allow ads, affiliate links, or commercial links.
- Submissions can be 900-1200 words.
- You may add up to five personally taken photos of your trip.
- No stock or commercial photos.
- Also, Photos must include an adequate description and “alt tags” that include your focus keyword.
- Because Writers do not receive compensation, they receive a byline and retain copyright.
- As a result, you may add a signature block similar to mine below. You should note this in your articles.
- Prior articles up to one year old are acceptable. However, articles must be re-written as originals and up-to-date.
- So dig out your blogs and spin them.
The Submission Process
As with any publication, before you get in touch, get to know us. Read our other articles to learn our style and the kinds of stories we tell. When you register, we will add you to our newsletter list free of charge. Our newsletter will offer tips to help you. Look through our archives. Reading archived articles will familiarize you with what we are looking for in articles. Do you feel we are a good fit? Then submit your articles to our Submissions Editor.
To submit your well written articles, please email our Submissions Editor at:
Please note: We review all article submission requests. However, please understand that it may take some time for requests to be answered. Due to the large number of inquiries we receive it may take time to reply.
There are many benefits to following proper text structure and readability. Here are some key points to remember.
- Setting up a logical structure for your article will help you write better.
- Your writing should be based on good Article SEO Guidelines.
- Since using Yoast or Word Count tools helps you to be sure your writing is readable to your traget audience, this will ensure readers understand what you have written.
- Understanding the meaning of your article is important because readers who understand your message are more likely to share it with others.
- This includes sharing on their social media channels.
- Sharing on social media channels increases your chances of being viewed as important to Google’s bot readers.
- This results in your article ranking higher.
- As a result, this helps the people you write for rank higher.
- Since you help them rank higher, they will want you to write more for them.
- Also, if you are selling a product or service, you are more likely to make the sale.
And they all wrote happily ever after!
If you enjoyed this article, please leave a comment.
2 Your Success ™
Be sure to visit our Small Business Board on Pinterest
About The Author
Rick Stoneking Sr, is a retired, disabled, veteran, minister and formal federal agent. He is now the Founder/Owner/CEO of International Publishing Group, LLC (IPG), and International Travel Reviews (ITR). Rick is also a Disability Advocate. As a result, he promotes Accessible Travel for everyone.
Rick has been writing in one form or another for over forty years. He is published in multiple genres in both Christian and secular circles. His writing ranges from police reports to a Christian eBook, to a year-long daily devotional series. Rick has published articles and columns in well-recognized state and international magazines.